Friday, September 12, 2014

FISHMONGERS AND GROGGY TAGI:  I spent some time last night recording an episode of the Purple Rock Podcast, as part of their review of all Survivor seasons past. If you've never listened before, Survivor fans, duh, start with this one.

We discussed Borneo, All Stars I, Guatemala, and Thailand, so there's a lot of talk about Survivor's icky history in dealing with sexual assault, but also my pontificating on all the things which made Borneo groundbreaking television, evolution in the show and Jeff Probst's role over time, whether All Stars was disappointing given how many fan favorites left early, and why certain seasons (and participants) are canonical.  Below the fold, what I had sent them for my overall season rankings:



  1. Heroes v Villains 
  2. Borneo
  3. Pearl Islands
  4. Palau
  5. All Stars 1
  6. Outback
  7. Fans v Favorites
  8. Amazon
  9. Vanuatu
  10. Guatemala
  11. Caramoan
  12. Cagayan
  13. Panama
  14. Marquesas
  15. Redemption Island
  16. Blood v Water
  17. South Pacific
  18. [All the seasons I haven't seen.]
  19. Philippines
  20. Samoa
  21. Africa
  22. Nicaragua
  23. Thailand

No comments:

Post a Comment